Quick answers to your most common questions

What should I bring to my first appointment?

We prioritize efficiency in everything we do, and that includes getting the most out of any time we have together. Our handy First Appointment Checklists ensure you’ll arrive at your appointment with everything we’re most likely to ask for.

Tax return for Businesses

  • Previous year tax return
  • Operating agreement/bylaws
  • Photo ID

Tax returns for Individuals

  • Previous year tax return
  • Photo ID

Trust (Fiduciary) Tax Returns

  • Previous year tax return
  • Copy of trust and/or will
  • Copy of death certificate
  • Photo ID
Can I pay for tax preparation out of my refund?

No. The balance of your tax preparation fee is due before your return is electronically filed. The tax preparation fee is not based on the amount of your refund. 

When can I schedule an appointment?

Our standard office hours are M-Th 8:30a - 5:00p and Friday 8:30a - 12:00p. Because we are an independent accounting firm, we’re able to be flexible to accommodate your availability. Book your appointment now by calling (405) 360-5210 to arrange a time that works for you!

Who will prepare my return?

All tax preparation takes place in-house. We do not outsource our tax preparation to third parties. Depending on the return’s complexity, the appropriate staff member prepares your initial return and one of the senior CPAs reviews the return before being presented to you to sign.

Where’s my refund?

Once your return is filed, it’s up to the powers that be. Check these links for the most accurate status:

IRS — Where’s My Refund

Oklahoma — Where’s My Refund

When is my tax return due to the IRS?

Check out our tax calendar for upcoming and pertinent dates.

What is a W9?

The W9 is an IRS form, the Request for Taxpayer Identification & Certification. Your business will provide this completed form to a business that needs to issue you a 1099 for services performed. Download the 2023 W9 form.

What is a 1099-NEC?

The 1099-NEC is an IRS form, typically sent to contract or freelance laborers. This form is used to report any income you receive throughout a given tax year for work you’ve done on your own, usually because you’re in business for yourself. 1099-NECs rarely have taxes withheld from them. They are usually considered to be self-employment income and are subject to both self employment taxes and income taxes.

The IRS just called. What should I do?

A first contact by the IRS will never be done by phone or email. You are likely being targeted by a scam. The call may be threatening and the caller may try to scare you into paying money you do not owe. Hang up right away. The IRS issues letters through regular mail if they are assessing additional taxes or there is a problem with your return. If you are ever in doubt, call IRS’s toll free phone number at (800) 829-1040. As our client, we’d be happy to look into this for you.